We have a guest blog post from Marilyn Sarno, Independent Consultant Apriori Beauty.
I was dissatisfied with the appearance of my skin once I celebrated my 50th birthday. It seemed overnight that my skin was very dry despite healthy eating and following a fitness routine.
As I started studying basic good skin care and beauty trends I quickly realized that I needed to organize my own beauty routine for best results in a shorter period of time.
I discovered that my beauty routine was inconsistent e.g. I was using 5 different brands of skin care, my makeup bag was stuffed with out of date products and I would spend 2 minutes scrambling through my bag to find my eyebrow pencil and favorite lipstick. Morning stress didn’t make me feel pretty.
So, I created my 7-steps to organizing my beauty routine and want to share with you.
Benefits of a beauty routine are :
- to prevent premature aging, lines and wrinkles
- to save time, money and reduce stress .
- Have fun with your beauty and create your ‘ look ‘
Lets get started.
1. Decide to make the commitment to create your beauty regimen by scheduling time on your calendar to organize these steps.
Choose a quiet location and create a spa-like environment. Adequate lighting, regular and magnifying mirrors, organizers and special cosmetic bag are a priority.
2. Decide how much time you have for your daily am/pm skin care and makeup routine and schedule appropriately. I found it useful to type my schedule on a calendar template; print and tape to the inside of my medicine cabinet so I would remember. E.g. I use a clay detox masque three days a week; a glycolic peel once a week. I keep to the same day of the week to create this habit.
3. Schedule monthly appointments like hair/cut/color, facial, manicure and pedicure in your planner. When my beauty budget is tight I do my own facials, manicure/pedicures at home. I create a relaxing spa day for myself. I block off half a day, complete my routines and relax with a favorite book or movie. Your spa day can be whatever you desire. Spa days are excellent stress management!
4. Evaluate your skin care system for your age and skin type. Do you know the products you love, use daily and actually see results over time? Once a year in my birthday month I make an appointment with a department store or beauty store e.g. Sephora or Ulta for a makeover by a professional. I love to try new products and I do ask for samples of my favorites. You can ask for a daytime look or a glamorous look. I discovered that the products I used in younger days don’t work now because my skin is changed with time and hormonal changes.
5. Don’t forget your internal beauty regimen which should include 7-8 hours of sleep, eating healthy, and drinking adequate water especially in hot weather. The most important beauty tip of all is your positive mindset throughout the day. Don’t forget your affirmations and create small bursts of beauty into your daily life. One of my favorites are small bouquets of fresh flowers from my patio garden. I keep a bouquet in my kitchen and bedroom.
© Copyright 2016 Marilyn Sarno – All Rights Reserved
Marilyn Sarno Independent Consultant for Apriori Beauty anti-aging skin care products. I became an Independent Consultant after using our 5-step six product system and loved the results in my skin.
I invite you to visit and like my Facebook Business Page:
Here’s my Apriori Beauty Website: http://www.useloveshare.com/IC/1006209/