I grew up with more of a “wishing” attitude than an “I can make it happen” mindset. I never understood how much my mindset influenced by choices, my belief system and even my goal achieving until I started reading the classic personal development books that talked about goal setting.
As Maxwell Maltz writes in his book Psycho-Cybernetics, “Human beings always act and feel and perform in accordance with what they imagine to be true about themselves and their environment.”
With that in mind, here are my 11 powerful reasons for making the time to write out your goals:
- Provides a statement of your objective
- Clearly defines what you’re trying to achieve
- Gives you a target you’re aiming for
- Gives you something against which you can measure results
- Gives you something tangible to look at frequently
- Putting a goal in writing makes it seem more real
- Putting a goal in writing says that you’re serious and not just talking
- Helps you use time wisely
- Provides hope for the future
- Is positive and empowering
- Keeps you focused on going forward
What would you add to this list?
Do you have a goal setting and achieving mindset?
Here is a link to my paperback and Kindle 21 Days to Living Your Dreams: A step-by-step hands-on approach to achieving your goals and living the life of your dreams available on Amazon.com
Please, share your thoughts and comments with us. We’d love to hear from you.
Here’s to making your awesome goals reality,
Author – Blogger – Coach to Women who choose to be successful
Owner of WomenWhoWantToSuccessfullyWorkForThemselves.com
P. S. If you’d like to coach one-on-one, join a MasterMind group or become a guest blogger on this blog, please email me at – firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Sharon form on this site.
© Copyright 2015-2019 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
I’m Sharon Michaels and I help you recognize the self-sabotaging things that may be keeping you from enjoying success. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page