According to the Chinese New Year, 2017 is the Year of the Red Fire Rooster. This is the year when you will need to work hard and be patient in order to achieve your goals.
Working hard isn’t an issue for me, patience may be more of a challenge.
As I look back on 2016 I’m a little disappointed with the progress I made. I realize I have a tendency be hard on myself, but I expected more from the effort I put in during the past twelve months.
I thought long and hard about all of this, analyzed the past year’s business ups and downs with my husband, looked back month-by-month at everything I did during 2016 to work the business and came to one realistic conclusion:
I need to laser-beam focus my energy on why I began my business twenty-five years ago – I need to go back to basics. My mission has always been to show women how to end self-sabotaging behaviors and give ourselves permission to succeed and enjoy success.
Well then, I’d better start walking my talk! Stop wallowing in what’s not working and start duplicating and expanding what is working.
Here’s what I’ve decided do personally and professionally and how I broke it into bite-sized pieces. This may be something you’ll want to consider doing also.
1. I am going to focus on making sure my thoughts, words and actions are positive at all times.
2. I am going to become more diligent about setting my personal and professional monthly goals.
3. I am going to break my monthly goals into reasonable and workable weekly and daily tasks that I can and will be motivated to achieve.
4. I am going to have a positive monthly theme for all my blog posts, Facebook posts and other social media venues. Those themes will keep me organized and on track for achieving my monthly, weekly and daily goals.
5. I am going to use my time very wisely. I’ll be doing more of what is producing positive results and stop doing those things that zap my energy and aren’t getting me the results I want.
My 2017 is going to be laser-beam focused on empowering women to greater personal and professional success. My positive themes, books and classes will center on showing women how to:
Personally – Create consistent positive self-talk, focus on enhancing natural skills and talents and giving yourself permission to succeed and enjoy life.
Professionally – Gain the day-to-day skills to enhance self-confidence and self-esteem in your profession, eliminate self-doubt and believe in yourself enough to go for and achieve your “awesome” 2017 goals.
- Who is going to join me in this journey?
- Who is willing to look long and hard at the past year and plan for the New Year?
- Who is willing to write and believe in their “awesome” goals for 2017?
Please take a minute and share your thoughts about the coming year. Any New Year’s tips you’d like to share with us?
P. S. If you’d like to coach one-on-one, join a MasterMind group or become a guest blogger on this blog, please email me at – firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Sharon form on this site.
© Copyright 2017 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s goal setting and achieving paperback and Kindle book, 21 Days to Living Your Dreams on Amazon.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page