If you keep acting, thinking and behaving the way you did the year before, you’re going to get the same results in the coming year. You can write pages and pages of finely crafted New Year’s resolutions but until you figure out what’s working, what’s not working and what needs improving, your personal and professional results will basically remain the same.
After you’ve done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over. Alfred Edward Perlman, New York Times, July 3, 1958
Before you write new resolutions and goals for the coming year, make the time to do some soul-searching about your current personal and professional success habits. Figure out what’s working positively for you and what’s not. You can make the upcoming year more productive and prosperous as soon as you understand your personal and professional emotional and physical patterns of success.
Take some quiet time and ask yourself these seven questions before writing those New Year’s resolutions and goals:
1. In which areas of my home and work life do I believe I am most successful?
2. What makes me feel successful in these particular areas?
3. Which areas of my home and work life would I like to improve and/or fine-tune?
4. Why do I want to improve or fine-tune these areas? How will improving and/or fine-tuning these areas provide me with greater personal and/or professional successes?
5. How do I see the coming year being different for me personally and professionally from the past years?
6. Will making a few changes in my personal and professional attitude and habits make a noticeable difference in my life? Do I believe I can and will become more successful if I improve and fine-tune some of my current success habits?
7. Am I willing to make the commitment to myself to eliminate or change those habits that may be holding me back from achieving the personal and professional successes that I truly deserve?
New Year, new you with new and more powerful success habits – that sounds like an unstoppable productive and prosperous future! Here’s to your unlimited success in the New Year and for all the years to come.
© Copyright 2013 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s new paperback and Kindle book, 21 Days to Living Your Dreams on Amazon.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to join Women Enjoying Success where monthly I provide you with the latest success tools for growing yourself, your wealth and your business . . . http://WomenEnjoyingSuccess.com it’s like having an Online Success Coach available 24/7. Come join us!