It was an eye-opener for me when I realized that approximately 20 percent of my daily activities account for 80 percent of my accomplishments.
That 20 percent producing the greatest results in time and energy I call my “money making” activities. People who know how to manage their time effectively have learned how to focus on making the most of their most productive activities.
My “aha” was discovering how to eliminate the time wasters that were eating up my time.
Here’s what I’ve discovered:
1. Focus on those activities that will take you forward, toward your goals. Before starting any activity ask yourself, “Will this activity lead me positively toward my goals?”
2. Write your “to do” list on paper. There is something emotionally powerful about writing what you want to accomplish down where you can see it. Your mind will focus on what you want and even give you unconscious suggestions to help achieve your goals.
3. Rank your “to-dos” in order of importance. Keep the important things first.
4. Find your “flow time.” Everyone has a few hours during the day where you can think clearly, are super creative and seem to get more done in a shorter amount of time. This hour can be early morning, afternoon or just before bed. Find your flow time and work it to your advantage.
5. Slow down and remember to stay focused on what is most important.
6. Rest if you begin to get tired. Research has found that little cat naps help with creativity, alertness and productivity.
7. Focus on keeping the main thing the main. Allowing distractions to dictate your to-do list can become a major time waster.
8. Take daily action. One small productive step each day can produce huge results. Keep your eyes on the prize!
9. Take care of yourself. When you’re feeling healthy and rested you can accomplish more in less time and with less effort.
What do you think, is this doable? Please leave us your comments and to-do list suggestions.
P. S. If you’d like to coach one-on-one, join a MasterMind group or become a guest blogger on this blog, please email me at – email@example.com or use the Contact Sharon form on this site.
© Copyright 2009-2017 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s empowering Kindle ebook, How to Keep Yourself and Your Business On Track: Staying focused on success on Amazon.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page