Are you working too hard and enjoying too little? Could you be experiencing burnout? Burnout means that you are wearing down and wearing out emotionally and physically. When you lose your emotional and physical energy, you are also losing your ability to succeed and enjoy your life.
Excess in any form often leads to exhaustion and burnout. Excess, whether physical or emotional, wears down your ability to cope effectively, reason logically and enjoy life. Social psychologists Christina Maslach and Susan Jackson characterize burnout as a three-dimensional syndrome made up of exhaustion, cynicism, and inefficacy. Some researchers and practitioners argue that exhaustion alone is the hallmark of burnout.
If you’re feeling edgy, tired and empty about work or life, you may be on the verge of burnout. Word of caution: You may want to consult your doctor if the exhaustion persists. It’s better to be proactive when it comes to your physical and mental health.
If you’ve been working hard in your business or career or have been under prolonged personal or professional stress, you may be experiencing “burnout.”
I have a few suggestions for extinguishing burnout:
• Listen to what you’re saying to yourself during the quiet times. Consciously turn any negativity you are saying to yourself into more positive ways to live your life and enjoy your business. Consciously take positive control of your self-talk and thoughts.
• Develop a powerful support group of honest, truthful and caring friends. I’m not talking about a “pity party” group – I’m talking about an empowering and positive group of proactive and success-oriented friends.
• Change your day-to-day life and work patterns. Decide what you can currently change or give up until you feel your life is more stabilized and balanced.
• Nurture your sense of humor. Find the beauty and joy in life and accentuate the positives. Listen to personal and professional development audios, watch YouTube videos that are empowering and motivating and read books that give you hope for the future.
• Take good care of yourself emotionally, spiritually and physically. Make regular time to relax, unwind and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit.
• Learn to extinguish the “emergencies” in your life. You cannot help everyone all the time. You also cannot be everything to everyone – first, you must take care of yourself.
Burnout is extinguished when you make quality time to nurture and care for yourself – you deserve it! Decide to take the positive action necessary to change those things you can and to make peace with those things you cannot change or control. Isn’t it time to fully enjoy your life and your career?
© Copyright 2014 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
You’ll want to subscribe to my newsletter for stay current on all the success strategies and how-tos for growing yourself and your business. Here’s a link to subscribe: http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page