Blogs are a powerful business-building tool when you decide to blog regularly and aim your blog posts at your target market. I’ve found that blogging has helped me fine-tune the focus of my writing. I’m thinking more carefully about my topics, how I will handle each subject and how I can be of greater support and benefit to my target market.
A blog should be of value to you as the writer and especially to your reader. Before you sit down to write, ask yourself: “If I were reading this blog or subject for the first time what would I want to know and understand?”
You should be looking at your writing through the eyes of your reader.
* What is the purpose of my blog?
* What does my reader want to know about my subject?
* How can I enrich and give value to my reader through my writing and my blog?
* If I were someone who knew nothing about my subject what would I want to know first, second, third, etc.
* What problem or challenge can I solve for my target market?
* Why should my target market read my blog?
* If I were face-to-face with my reader/target market, what would I say and how would I talk with them?
* Why would my reader/target market want to refer my blog to others in my target market?
* Am I willing to give my readers my best on a consistent basis?
Many bloggers write for themselves and not their target market. If you want to stand out above the crowd please remember that it is not about you, it is all about providing value for the reader.
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to join Women Enjoying Success where monthly I provide you with the latest success tools for growing yourself, your wealth and your business . . . http://WomenEnjoyingSuccess.com it’s like having an Online Success Coach available 24/7. Come join us!
© Copyright 2013 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved