If I had a dollar for every time I heard, “But, I don’t know anyone.” when I suggested a coaching client meet new people, I’d have a much thicker wallet. For a network marketer, and every other type of small business owner, meeting new people is vital for the profitability of your business.
Your moneymaking question becomes: How can I meet new people?
Getting out and promoting your business is important. But, please remember that it is also important to build solid win-win relationships. It is through these relationships that people get to know, like and trust you.
Here are some ways to meet new people:
1. Join a Meetup.com group. You can go online to Meetup.com and find a local group that interests you. Even though you are looking to grow your business, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a business group. Find a book group or a knitting group, etc.
2. Volunteer for a cause that is important to you. Is there a worthy cause that is near and dear to your heart? You’ll meet like-minded people if you support a cause that has meaning and importance to you.
3. Take a class. Is there a Continuing Education class that sounds interesting? How about going to a business-building workshop? Or, you could enroll at the local Community College. Start reading the events section of your local newspaper. When you find something of interest, go and participate.
4. Join a Facebook Group. There is probably an established Facebook Group for every interest under the sun. Find an interesting Group and begin to post and participate in the discussions. If you can’t find a group, start your own. You never know who you’ll meet.
5. Call someone you’d like to know better and ask them to lunch. Would you like to know more about your hair stylist, the President of the Chamber of Commerce or a local author who lives in the neighborhood? Pick up your phone, give them a call and invite them to join you for breakfast or lunch. If you don’t want to have a meal, interview them for one of your blog posts.
Your future customers come from building win-win relationships. Whether you build your relationships on the Internet or person-to-person, it is important to build trustworthy relationships. The only way to build business-building relationships is to get out and meet people. What can you do today to expand your networking efforts and meet new people?
© Copyright 2013 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page