This was the week I made up my mind to do some spring cleaning. I decided it was time to update and redo a few of my websites and landing pages.
It’s amazing how many things, and even my taste, seem to change every few years. What looked good to me in 2009 doesn’t seem so appealing in 2014. I carefully studied each site and decided what I wanted to update, change or even eliminate.
After reading an online article that stated visitors who visit your website decide within the first 50 milliseconds of landing on the site if they will stay or leave, I decided it was time to look at my sites through fresh eyes.
Here are some of the lessons I learned during my recent online spring cleaning:
1. It’s important to keep up-to-date with the latest Internet and Online tools and technology. It’s also important to know what today’s savvy consumers are expecting when they visit your site.
2. Review your websites, blogs, sales pages, etc. at least two times a year.
3. Carefully read your sales and opt-in pages for outdated content, pictures, graphics, or offers. Does your site load quickly? Did automatic revisions misalign articles or illustrations? Most importantly, does your site make a good first impression?
4. Double check all the links and “buy now” buttons on your sites to make sure they are working properly. Broken links and buttons can lose you not only credibility with readers and but paying customers as well.
5. As your business grows and evolves make sure your websites, blogs and sales pages grow and evolve with you.
During our spring cleaning we found some outdated pages and a few links that weren’t working properly. All in all, it was a day well spent.
Let me ask you, do you have any websites or online materials that may need a “spring cleaning?”
© Copyright 2014 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s new paperback and Kindle book, 21 Days to Living Your Dreams on Amazon.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page