Let’s be realistic, owning a business isn’t always fun. Doing the same tasks day in and day out can become tedious and downright boring.
Here’s something every successful business owner has learned: Growing a profitable business is comprised of consistently doing many different business-building activities that work together to achieve your short-term and long-term goals.
Here are seven “boring” business-building activities that help make your business goals reality:
1. Networking. Sometimes going out and meeting new people may feel like a “chore,” but it is an important part of growing your successful business. If networking is not producing the results you desire, make sure you’re networking with the right people.
2. Following up in a timely manner. You’ve heard it said many times, the gold is in the follow up. Don’t become a forgotten memory – make your calls and send emails within 24-48 hours.
3. Sending thank you notes and content rich emails. Sending content rich newsletters and information packed emails with tips and how-to’s is a great way to be of service to your customers and clients.
4. Posting on social media regularly. The more relevant the information you post on social media, the more your ideal market, prospects and customers will get to know, like and trust you. You’ll be positioning yourself as a serious and knowledgeable business person.
5. Coming up with new ideas. It’s not always easy to stay one step ahead of industry trends. Coming up with new ways to do business and new concepts for products/services is vital to doing business successfully.
6. Doing administrative tasks. The day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month tasks that help you run your business smoothly are not always fun. Bookkeeping, updating files, etc. can become “boring,” but they are a necessary fact of business life.
7. Staying current with what’s happening in your specific industry. Keeping up-to-date with your industry and how to use the latest technology can sometimes feel like a full time job. Even though it can be time consuming it’s important to stay up-to-date. Staying current means taking classes, reading books, participating in webinars and attending industry specific conferences.
Over my own twenty-five plus years of coaching and owning a business, I’ve found all seven of these “boring” tasks a vital part of being in business. They may be boring at times, but the reward of starting, nurturing and enjoying a successful business is definitely worth the time, energy and effort.
© Copyright 2016 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
You’ll want to subscribe to my newsletter for stay current on all the success strategies and how-tos for growing yourself and your business. Here’s a link to subscribe: http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page