Simple Solutions Saturday
Quick Tips to Help Grow Your Business and Yourself!
Tips busy women in business can read in under a minute and use for years to come…
Outsourcing. You hear the word all the time, and it feels as if everyone tells you that you ought to be doing it.
1. What is outsourcing? Outsourcing is when you hire someone to do those tasks that you’ve decided to delegate or that you feel you do not have the skills to do properly. Example: A graphic artist to create a logo, someone to design and set up your website and blog or a virtual assistant to help with your social media.
2. What could you outsource that will save you time, energy and money? I say begin by breaking your business into three major areas:
- Things you are most skilled at that only you can do,
- Things you dislike to do but have to do to keep your business going forward,
- Repetitive tasks that have to be done that some one else could do just as well or better than you.
3. Can you work with another person and deadlines? If you choose to work with a contractor, you’ll have to give up some control and you’ll have to stick to a schedule. You can’t expect your outsourcing to go smoothly if you cannot get the right materials to the right people in a timely manner. Outsourcing also means that you cannot micro-manage and expect to have a good working relationship with the other person.
4. How do you get started? Have a plan. Start by deciding what and when you want to begin outsourcing. Do your homework and find the right outsourcing contractors for you. Ask for referrals from colleagues you trust – word of mouth is always the best reference. Talk with the person you’ll be working with and see if you are a fit personality wise and professionally. Begin small and see what the produce for you and if you want to continue to work with them – you are the boss.
Outsourcing can save you time, help you grow your business and even make you money – if you use it properly!
© Copyright 2011-2016 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter – http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page