I’m sure you receive as many emails as I do about the latest get rich quick product for instant business success. Really, I’m going to become an overnight success by using just one “cure for everything” magic bullet product? My advice is to read these “get rich quick” emails with a skeptical eye.
When I first started in business and received emails filled with outrageous claims, a part of me believed them. I figured that since I was working hard and not making progress as quickly as they were, something was either wrong with me or wrong with the way I was doing business. I have to admit that a few times I bought what they were offering. But, it wasn’t long before I realized that most of their products were filled with hot air and pipe dreams.
Here’s the truth about achieving success:
1. Success takes consistency. I cannot stress this enough! Success happens one consistent step at a time. Here’s my philosophy: You can work your business part time or full time but you cannot work your business sometime and expect to be successful.
2. Success takes commitment. I’ve heard so many women in business say, “I’ll try it and see what happens.” Let me ask you this, do you have an “I’m in it to win it” attitude? Your emotional, physical and financial commitment to giving it your best is what it takes to succeed and thrive in business.
3. Success takes focus. I see so many potential entrepreneurs get caught up in the next shinny object syndrome and lose sight of what is important to growing their business now. Here’s my suggestion: Write your short-term and long-term goals and work them consistently. Don’t become distracted by the short cuts and the get rich quick systems. Success is about staying focused on the day-to-day activities that will produce results.
4. Success takes a sense of humor. The most empowering thing about having a sense of humor is that you learn to not take yourself so seriously. Success becomes more fun and less stressful when you can find humor in the everyday “ups and downs” of business.
5. Success involves a learning curve. I’ve learned over the years that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Success is about learning the tried and true day-to-day business-building skills and then knowing how to apply them to your business.
6. Success takes courage. It’s the unstoppable courage to keep going positively forward when the going gets tough that separates the successful women in business from the dreamers. It takes courage to come out of your comfort zone and go for your goals. It takes courage to stay the course even when you’re feeling down or discouraged. It takes courage not to give up before payday. It takes courage to become a success!
7. Success takes determination. I know from personal experience that success can sometimes feel like an up hill climb. You know the saying, “If success was easy, everybody would be one.” Success doesn’t happen instantly – success takes determination, desire and tenacity.
8. Success takes belief. I’ve learned over the years that belief is vital to achieving goals. Belief is three-fold: (1) Belief in yourself. (2) Belief in your product. (3) Belief in your customer. Belief is a cornerstone to building a successful business.
9. Success takes good time management. I can say, without a doubt, that learning to manage time wisely is essential to business-building success. Time management can also be one of the most difficult skills to learn. It’s easy to become distracted by computer games, a bright sunny day or what’s on television. Time management is about having the discipline to work on achieving your goals day-by-day and activity-by-activity.
10. Success takes responsibility. I’ve learned that I am totally responsible for my success or my lack of success. Once we take full responsibility for achieving or not achieving success, we become more accountable for our actions, choices and decisions.
Here’s the success achieving bottom line: If some cleverly written email tells you they’ve found a magic bullet that will make you an instant success – delete that email quickly. There are no magic bullets to success. There are though, tried and true methods that when applied will give you a foundation for building a successful business, but it is still up to you to build that foundation.
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s newest empowering, self-esteem building and habit changing paperback and Kindle book, How To Give Your the POWER to Succeed on Amazon.com
Be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about all my Amazon books Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page