Over the past thirty years of speaking, writing and coaching women in business I’ve been collecting thoughts, observations, quotes and how-to’s about leadership. Yesterday I came across a leadership notebook filled with clippings and sticky notes and I wanted to share a few with you.
1. How do you show your team how you appreciate them?
Prizes, awards, etc.
Recognition is vital and, you must do it honestly and often.
2. If you were going to change one thing about your leadership style what would it be?
Why would you change it?
You may want to do this activities with your leaders too.
Something to think about…
3. According to a study by Growth Engineering,
Happy Employees are:
* Less absent from work
* Able to produce more sales (37% greater)
* 31% more productive
* 10% more engaged at work
* 40% more likely to receive a promotion
Would you agree?
4. As a team, have you set a team goal everyone can rally behind and support?
Have you developed a team plan of action to implement this goal?
5. Strive to be dependable and consistent with your actions and expectations.
Dependability and consistency creates trust. Trust creates loyalty and teamwork.
6. Ask a team member to read and review a book of interest to your industry or profession.
You may want to ask for a different volunteer each month.
One month it could be a professional development book and the next it could be one on personal development.
7. Do you have something fun planned with your team this month?
May be a potluck lunch? Or, a challenge to find the best gratitude or holiday quote of the month? Or, how about begin planning a fun holiday grab bag gift exchange for December?
8. The key is to not become overwhelmed by the concept of being a leader.
Decide on the team priorities and focus on those. Take it one positive step at a time.
9. What would you say is the number one “basic” characteristic of a great leader?
10. Interesting Leadership Fact:
The Journal of Leadership Studies recently concluded that the more a company focuses on internal leadership growth, the better its sales, profits and profit margins.
11. Write emails so your message can be clearly understood…
We often times overestimate our ability to convey emotions in email. The simplest way to avoid confusion is to explicitly state the emotion you want to relay. For example, “I’m very happy with this…” or “I’m confused…”
The most effective emails are genuine and honest.
12. Set the example for your team. You’ve heard the old saying, the speed of the leader is the speed of the pack – it’s true!
How are you going to pick up the speed this week?
13. Research shows that actually writing out and delivering a thank you note to someone who hasn’t been thanked for his or her kindness can actually boost your own happiness.
14. A favorite quotation from Dr. Maxwell Maltz
“Human beings always act and feel and perform in accordance with what they imagine to be true about themselves and their environment.”
As a leader, what environment are you creating?
15. In Leadership
The 6 most important words: “I admit I made a mistake.”
The 5 most important words: “You did a good job.”
The 4 most important words: “What is your opinion.”
The 3 most important words: “If you please.”
The 2 most important words: “Thank you.”
The most important word: “We.”
The least important word: “I”
Please, share your thoughts and comments with us. We’d love to hear from you.
Author – Blogger – Coach to Women Entrepreneurs
Owner of WomenWhoWantToSuccessfullyWorkForThemselves.com
P. S. If you’d like to coach one-on-one, join a MasterMind group or become a guest blogger on this blog, please email me at – email@example.com or use the Contact Sharon form on this site.
© Copyright 2017 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
Be sure to purchase your copy of Sharon’s bestselling Kindle book, 365 Success Habits to Grow Your Business on Amazon.com – Your daily dose of business wisdom
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to enjoy business success. http://SharonMichaels.com
You’ll want to subscribe to my newsletter for stay current on all the success strategies and how-tos for growing yourself and your business. Here’s a link to subscribe: http://UnlimitedSuccessForWomen.com